Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bookcases Galore!

I love bookcases. Period. And I don't even read!

Just kidding. I read sometimes but bookcases should be more about book storage. Bookcases can be gorgeous pieces of art. They can be interesting, thought-provoking pieces that bring life to your room. And I am all about the funk. Here are some pieces I found interesting.

Bookcase One: I love this. To me, this is whimsical. This is fun. This is what design is all about. It's creative, it's different and yet, it's functional. You could even change the pieces up for your liking while maintaining the original concept.



Bookcase Two: I just find this amazing---the fluidity, the functionality, the creativity. I love the idea of an area to sit or lounge on, without taking away from the space. In fact, I love this so much, I'd keep the pseudo-skeleton model as an art piece.



Bookcase Three: This maze-inspired bookcase makes me think that someone just pushed a giant maze onto its side and thought, "Hey, I can use this for some storage." It's fun for the riddlers out there.


Bookcase Four: This one is for the gamers. These Tetris-inspired blocks are stackable, which means whenever you're bored, you can change these up to change up the look of your room.



Bookcase Five: Warning: This is not for those of you that are claustrophobic. This might be for those of you who miss that feeling of being in a womb. This nifty bookcase provides not only ample storage space but a comfortable place for you to relax.



Lastly, this is not a bookcase but the most adorable bookshelves I have ever seen. I love this. I want this. And I will find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment